Today' post has no real theme or purpose. It basically just some random stuff that has been going on around here lately and an assortment of pictures from my iphone.
Last Friday, Clark turned 6! Which actually kind of makes me sad. It always distresses me to think that he is any older than 2 years old. I still like to think of him as just a wee pup. But the truth is he has been my trusty little sidekick for quite some time now. We took him to the pet store to get him a couple special treats and this new mouse/teddy thing fit for a sassy gentleman.
I am not a big Makeup girl. In fact I spend about 70% of my life bare face (*one of the perks of working in fitness is that makeup isn't really a requirement*). But let's face it, I am getting older *cringe* and makeup is starting to become a necessary evil. It is necessary to make me actually look somewhat pulled together from time to time. So I asked one of my Makeup Savvy instagram friends @amtosaysso for a pink eye-platte suggestion and made a few purchases.
Speaking of Instagram, there have been a couple of accounts that have been rocking my socks lately - @AssholeParents and @ByeFilipe.
And @ByeFilipe is shocking reminder why I am feminist. It is 2015, but there are still plenty of men out there who didn't get the memo. Admittedly, some of the posts can be tough to read but it is certainly a wakeup call that the objectification of women is still very much alive and well. And needs changing.
We also recently got Netflix (yes, I realize I am extremely late to this party) and I have become obsessed with the documentary options. So if you are a docu-nerd like me, then let me recommend a couple of my recent favourites for you...
- Winter on Fire: Ukraine's Fight for Freedom
- The Armstrong Lie
- The Drop Box
- Fat, Sick, & Nearly Dead
For the Sauce...
1. Sautee 1 grated cauliflower head, 2 carrots (grated), half an onion (diced), and 3 knobs of garlic (finely chopped). Season with garlic powder, chili powder, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Cook until soft.
2. Add 3 eggs to the cooked veggie mixture and toss together, cooking through.
3. Place cooked veggie mixture in food processor and add 1/4 cup pine nuts, 1/4 cup cashews, 1/2 cup of nutritional yeast, 1 tbsp. of spicy mustard, 1 cup almond milk. Blend until smooth.
4. Toss the gluten free pasta in the sauce and top with your favourite dairy-free cheese (*I have been loving Follow Your Heart Cheddar*) and Paprika.
5. Bake for 15 minutes at 350 and enjoy.
If you give the recipe a try, let me know what you think. I think the spicy mustard makes it!
Love Your Favourite Darwinian Fail,