This recipe easily serves 4 adults and is ready start to finish in about 40 minutes.
Butternut Squash Pasta Bake
3 tbs of EVO
1 large Leek (thinly sliced)
1 Butternut Squash cut into 1/4 inch cubes
1 cup chicken stock
1.5 tsp of fresh thyme
1.5 tsp of fresh sage
3/4 cup of cream
1/4 cup of bread crumbs
1/4 cup of pecorino
1 tbsp fresh parsley
12 oz. rigatoni pasta
freshly ground pepper
1. Boil Water with salt and cook pasta
2. Heat oil in a skillet on medium-high heat.
3. Add the leek and cook until tender, then add the squash, chicken broth, thyme, and sage. Cover, and adjust the heat to simmer gently until the squash is tender (approx 10 minutes)
4. Mash the squash with a potato masher until smooth.
5. Stir in the cream and cook for 5 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken. Season to taste
6. Combine cooked pasta, squash mixture, and pecorino in a large casserole dish.
7. Top with panko crumbs, drizzle with EVO, season with salt and pepper.
8. Place dish in the oven on broil for 2-4 minutes, until the crumbs are crisp. (I also drizzled a little hot sauce over the top for a little something extra)
Hope you guys enjoy!
Love Your Favourite Darwinian Fail,