While experimenting in the kitchen Sunday I made this Broccoli Cheddar Quiche, and I got a whole bunch of requests for the recipe. So I figured this recipe would be perfect for this week's WIAW.
Broccoli Cheddar Quiche
1 pre-made pie crust (you can make your own, but I am not that fancy)
1/2 cup of buttermilk
2 tbsp of EVO
1 head of broccoli - florets removed
1/2 a red onion chopped
2 slices of Irish bacon (optional)
1/2 cup Red Leicester Cheddar
1 clove of garlic, chopped
4 sage leaves, chopped
3 sundried tomatoes, diced
1 handful of spinach
1. In a large skillet cook of the bacon first if you are using it. Once cooked set to the side to cool, the chop into strips
2. Place the pie crust in and pre-heated oven at 350 for 5 minutes, or until it starts to brown
3. Saute the onions and garlic in the EVO. Once they begin to soften add the broccoli and spinach. Cook until the spinach begins to wilt and the water has been cooked out the vegetables.
4. Place the cooked veggies, bacon strips, sundried tomatoes, and sage leaves into the pie shell.
5. Whisk the eggs and buttermilk together and then gently pour the mixture over the vegetables.
6. Top the pie with the cheddar cheese and place back in the oven for 15-20 minutes (or until cooked through). The cheese should start to brown on the top when it is ready.
Hope you guys enjoy!