It is no secret that this past year has been hard. And grief is still a work a progress. Running and training has been a big part of my healing process. It is during my weekly runs that I often find myself talking to my Dad, where I work through my tears, and where I find my peace. (**the extra endorphins don't hurt either**). I am training for the Muskoka Ironman 70.3 in honour of my Dad. I will swim, ride, and run 70.3 miles to commemorate both the joy and tenacity that defined him and his life - while raising money and awareness for the Heart and Stroke Foundation.
April 22nd would have been my Dad's 61st Birthday. And as the date creeps closer, I find myself struggling. This was usually a day of celebration. But now it just reminds me of how much I have lost. I miss my Dad everyday, but this day is going to be especially difficult.
As always, I know it is necessary to do something positive with my pain in order to heal. So I plan to spend most of the day either sweating, crying, or both. To prep for Muskoka and as a way to honour this day and my Dad I am planning to swim, ride, and run 61km for the year that should have been.
I will swim 1km
I will bike 55km
And I will run 5km
I am asking you to join me for the Run. I am asking you to run/walk/hike/bike/move for 5km on April 22nd (or any time during the week of April 21-27th) and dedicate it to the Happy Heart Project. I have 25 amazing prizes up for grabs! And you will be immediately entered to win with your Virtual Race Fee.
How To Participate....
1. Please Visit My Donation Page and make a $20.00 donation as part of your Virtual Race Fee.
Your donation will get your online bib and make your eligible for some seriously awesome prizes.
2. Run Your 5km wherever and whenever you can during the week of April 21st-27th
3. Share your run on social media by using the Hashtag #HappyHeart5k
(Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
4. Come back and visit the on April 22nd to log all of your awesome Happy Heart adventures into my handy Rafflecoppter App for additional entries and extra social media fun!
- A Polar FT7
- 2 Pairs of Mizuno Running Shoes (Mizuno has offered the shoe of your choice so it will work best with your foot/needs)
- 3 Mizuno Impermalite Performance Shell Jackets
- 4 Mizuno Tech-Tees and Socks
- 2 pairs of Barefooters
- 2 500g bags of HoneyMaxx and Wattlebottles
- 2 pairs of Sunski Sunglasses
- 5 assorted Clif Bar Gift Baskets
- A NeoCell Sport Ulitmate Gift Baskets
- 3 NeoCell Prize Packs
There are seriously awesome prizes up for grabs and all the money and social media buzz we generate will go towards Heart Health.Heart Disease has broken my heart both literally and figuratively. Literally with my own diagnosis. And figuratively with the loss of my father. The impact of both have been profound, devastating, and life-changing. So I want to celebrate this day by working towards a future without Heart Disease.
Please come run with me!
Love Your Favourite Darwinian Fail,