I am happy to report that my tummy has slowly but surely been feeling better. As long as I follow the rules of course. The tummy rules currently being…
No Gluten, No Dairy, No Processed Sugar, No Red Meat, and Meals/Snacks every 4 hours
As long as I do all of that - than my tummy is feeling fine and dandy - Easy-Peasy, right? Admittedly it was a struggle for a while there, and there are some less than stellar days, but I have adjusted. And now I finally have a scope booked – November 6th – to get a proper diagnosis and hopefully get a better sense of how I should be treating this.
My nutritionist has given me the green-light to experiment with my meal plan a bit more, but I have been reluctant to change much. The past 6 weeks have been the peak of my Marathon Training, and I am just over 2 weeks away from race day. So I have been unwilling to sacrifice a good training day for an expanding flavor profile. Until I get some conclusive answers I have decided to stick with what works, which meant Thanksgiving required some creative thinking and a little self-restraint on my part. But I did manage to put together a pretty Kick-Ass Tummy-Approved Stuffing for today's What I Ate Wednesday.
Gluten-Free Vegan Stuffing
2 loaves of Gluten-Free Bread (cubed and baked)
3 tbsp Earth Balance Vegan Butter
4 large Parsnips (peeled and sliced)
3 cups Kale (trimmed and coarsely chopped)
Package of Yves Tofu Bacon (coarsely chopped)
½ cup halved Dried Sour Cherries
2 tbsp of chopped sage
2 tbsp of fresh thyme
1. Melt 1 tbsp of Earth Balance Butter. Coat and toss cubed Gluten-Free Bread. Place on baking sheet in oven pre-heated to 350. Bake for 10 minutes, flip, and bake for additional 5 minutes (or until the cubes are brown and crispy)
2. Melt 1 tbsp of Earth Balance Butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add parsnips, stirring often, until tender.
3. Place Bread and Parsnips in a large baking dish and set aside.
4. Melt final tbsp. of butter in skillet and add Kale. Cook until tender, and wilted, about 4 minutes.
Add Kale to baking dish. Add Yves Tofu Bacon, Sour Cherries, Sage, and Thyme.
6. Bake stuffing for addition 10 minutes so flavors can blend, and serve.
This can be made the night before and then simply reheat when ready to serve.
Hope you enjoy! Happy Thanksgiving!
Love Your Favourite Darwinian Fail,