- Recovery and Healing is Humbling. It is hard to go from a girl who is training for a marathon, to a girl who is struggling to walk for more than a block and a half. It reminds you to never take your body for granted.
- Puppies are the best healing companions. Snuggles from Mr. Clark instantly melt my heart.
- If you have not yet read Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson - then I highly recommend you do! I have been dying laughing all week! I could really relate to her hick town well-water struggles. I DIED!!
- British TV is the BEST TV! I have been watching non-stop Downton Abbey, Twenty-Twelve, and and Doctor Who.
- I realized that I have spent the majority of 2012 fighting a losing battle. My body never healed. And I have been struggling with a certain level of chronic pain and discomfort ever since - I just didn't want to admit it.
- So all that running I have been doing, all that strength training, all effort I have put into recovery was for not. I struggled to log miles, run races, do a proper pushup, find my mojo, even run my first marathon, and it was all harder than it should have been. But that is not my fault. I did the best I could with what I had.
- Looking back now, that 5:20 Marathon is looking pretty BADASS.
- This time we are going to get it right. This time I will heal. This time I will be stronger and healthier than I have been for a long. And I can't wait!
Love Your Favourite Darwinian Fail,