Darwinian Fail with a genetic predisposition to heart disease, but even with a strongly inherited inclination to the condition you can cut your risks dramatically by pursuing a heart healthy lifestyle - and it's easier than you think!
According to the Heart and Stroke Foundation Over 800,000 Americans died from heart attacks and other cardiac illnesses lasts year, but most of those deaths - four out of five in fact -were preventable. You can make simple changes to ensure that you have a Happy Healthy Heart, and making exercise part of your everyday is a HUGE first step!
All you need to maintain a heart healthy lifestyle is 30 minutes of moderate physical activity five or more times a week. That could mean anything - a brisk walk with the dog, a fitness class at the gym, a yoga session on the mat, or even my favourite way to sweat - a run! And you don't have to do it all at once -- 15 minutes in the morning and 15 minutes in the evening are just fine.
Getting the right amount of exercise has serious benefits for your heart. Exercise is the gift that keeps on giving...
- Exercise is thought to significantly reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease
- A regular exercise routine has been proven to improve cardiovascular efficiency
- It improves inflammation/hemostasis and blood pressure
- And it can have a profound impact on preventing clinical events, for those who are predisposed
- It prevents diabetes and maintains healthy cholesterol levels
Happy Valentines Day from my Heart to yours!
Love your Favourite Darwinian Fail,