1. Christmas will span 5 jolly, cheerful, family-filled, food-heavy days.
2. My goal is to run 45 of my 50 km goal over those 5 festive days so my sneakers are coming with me.
3. Bailey’s over ice is my favourite Christmas night-cap (and the ideal for post-run recovery).
4. There are 3 Christmas specials I MUST watch every year to feel happy holly jolly – Muppet’s Christmas Carol, Rudolph, and Charlie Brown’s Christmas.
5. We kick off the holiday season every year with a trip downtown to see Ross Petty's Christmas Pantomime. We will go out for dinner, laugh at a silly fractured fairy tales, gush over the little ones in their Christmas best, visit the Christmas tree at Eaton Center, and gear up for the Christmas Rush.
6. We will celebrate Christmas in 3 different cities this year, all over 3 days.
7. We will travel a total of 854.6 kilometers to get to all of these festive fetes.
8. We will eat a grand total of 4 (yep you read that right – 4) Christmas dinners.
9. The Gingerbread Cookies after dinner are actually my favourite part of the Christmas dinner. (I don't actually like the turkey dinner)
10. Christmas is crazy. It’s a whirlwind. But it’s wonderful. It only happens once a year and it always reminds me what beautiful blessed life I lead.
Merry Christmas All!
Love Your Favourite Darwinian Fail,