Well that pretty much sums up my nutrition last week. Things are a little crazy in my small corner of the world. I am in the heart of midterms and deadlines for school and I am also prepping to write the GRE this weekend. Needless to say between study sessions, coaching my run clinic, working, and some how trying to squeeze in a little social time, my food prep fell by the way side.
(**I may or may not have had pizza twice last week...**)
So this week, as the studying continues and I kick off the Strong is Sexy Challenge, I knew I had to do a better job planning.
So I spent Sunday prepping food and experimenting in to kitchen. Which is how I came up with this recipe for What I Ate Wednesay
Vegan Banana Pumpkin Loaf Recipe
2 cups cooked pumpkin
6 frozen banana (thawed and mashed)
2 cups of brown sugar
"eggs" aka 2 tbsp of flaxseed pureed w 6 tbsp of water
1 cup almond milk
3/4 cup safflower oil
1 tsp vanilla
4 cups spelt flour
3 tsp baking soda
3 tsp baking power
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 F, and oil two 9x5 inch glass loaf pans
- Combine pumpkin puree, mashed bananas, sugar, "eggs", milk, oil, and vanilla in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients; flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg
- Slowly stir dry ingredients into the wet, until all combined
- Fill pans with batter and bake for 45 min to 1 hour. You know it is ready when the bread takes on a spongy consistency.
And Viola! Vegan Banana Pumpkin Bread!
Love Your Favourite Darwinian Fail,