With my Big Race right around the corner (just 4 measly days in fact), there is no room for error.
It is even more important than ever to make sure that my body is getting lots of rest, love, and nourishment. So to take some of the guess work out of meal time, I spent Monday night prepping my food for this week.
I prepped a huge portion of this delicious stew to ensure that my lunch is full of nutrient dense veggies, protein, and carbs. I LOVE this meal, and it is perfect for a fall day. The squash provides your carbs, the beans give you a protein boost, and the tomatoes are a great source of Vitamin C. The training trifecta is represented!
1 cup dired black beans
2 tbsp EVO
2-3 cloves of garlic
1 onion (diced)
2 cups of canned diced tomatoes
2 acorn squash
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp of crushed red-pepper flakes
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 celery stalks (diced)
cilantro sprigs, chopped
1. I use the crock pot to cook my black beans, while I am out during the day. 1 cup of dried black beans with 3 cups of water and cook on low heat for 6 hours.
2. Half the acorn squash drizzle with EVO and roast for 45 min at 350. Cube and set aside,
3. Add EVO, garlic, onion, crushed red-pepper flakes to large stewing pot and cook on high heat until soft.
4. Stir in the cooked beans, diced tomates, cube squash, salt, cumin, chilli powder, and soy sauce. Bring mixture to a boil.
5. Once mixture is heated all the way through, top with celery and cilantro
6. Portion and Serve.
I like to eat mine with a Spelt Crackers topped with a bit of hummus. Delicious!
Love your Favourite Darwinian Fail,