Here are a few of my silly thoughts on recovery...
- My boobs are always cold now. Because they removed all of my breast tissue, there is no fat left on my chest to keep me warm. My chest is literally - skin, muscle, implant - that is all. My fake ta-tas are always about 10 degrees colder than the rest of me. Good thing I don't have nipples any more or that temperture difference could be a problem?! (*just a little boob humor for you!*)
- I still cannot sleep on my side! AHHH! How I long for a comfortable sleep, where I can flip and flop however I please. Sleeping is still a work in progress.
- My left boobie is still healing. If you guys will recall - the left side was the side with the bleeding and the side where my robot heart is implanted - so it is gonna need a little extra TLC. I had an appointment this morning and my doc said I should use the 12 week guideline per surgery - basically I should expect to be fully healed in 24 weeks. Damn! Still another 8 weeks to go!
- Because my left side is still healing my back is killing me. To over compensate for my lack of chest muscle, my back is doing a lot more work. I really notice it when I am out running.
- Speaking of running, the good news is that my new boobies don't move. I probably don't even need to wear a sports bra anymore, but I can't bring myself to go completely bra-less, it would just be too werid.
Breakfast: As always I have giant mug of coffee, because I am hopelessly addicted and cannot start my day without it. I had a bowl of vanilla yogurt with my new favourite granola - Love Crunch by Nature's Pathways. Their granola is amazing so I highly recommend! And they have delicious flavours like white chocolate + pineapple and carrot cake! YUMMY! I also added some prunes into the mix for an extra dose of fiber. I have a sensitive tummy, so I am a little bit of a stickler when it comes to my digestive health.
Post Run Snack: I ran 10km yesterday day, and along with hydrating like crazy I also had a bowl of fresh cherries. Cherries are in seasons right now and I think they are delicious! Cherries are also supposed to help with inflamation, so I am thinking a little extra kick is probably a good thing after a workout!
Lunch: It was pretty easy-peasy today. I had butternut squah soup which I love to spice up with a little Frank's Red Hot Sauce. Along with 2 pieces of crusty bread with margarine and a nectarine. The weather has actually gotten a little bit cooler, so even though it is almost July the soup tasted good!
(*Note: I could not resist biting into my nectarine before I took my picture. Did I mention I am loving all the delicious summer fruits and veggies?)
Dinner: I was on the go today. The second half of my summer semester has begun, so I now have a 3 hour lectures on Tuesday and Thursday nights. I went to the library before class, so I needed to bring something portable with me for dinner. I made a cold Cuban lentil and zucchini salad, and I packed a Clif Bar and a Protein Shake to help balance everything out. There is also another coffee thrown into the mix, because staying focused until 10pm is not always the easiest!
Love your Favourite Darwinian Fail,