The thing that gets me...is that I know how to make a healthy meal plan. I know how to make smart choices when I eat out. I know what is fuel and what is fun. But just because I know how do those things, does not mean that I want to them. Sometimes what I should eat and what I want to eat do not align. It is something I am still working on.
And after Sunday's indulgences, my tummy is screaming at me to do the right thing this week. So I am making nutrition a priority and eating balanced meals to fuel this weeks training. This week is all about Doing after all!
So here's What I Ate Wednesday (re: technically Monday)
- 2 eggs scrambled (note my attempt to increase my daily protein intake)
- my Vitamins
- and a cup of Fantasy Island Tea courtesy of Davids Tea (which I have become borderline obsessed with! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!)
- A giant Cranberry and Candied Almond Salad with an Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- Lots of melon
- Additional Snacks Not Pictured - Skinny Cinnamon Dolce Latte from Starbucks for a PM pick-me-up and Taste of Nature Organic Cranberry Bar
- Organic Chicken Pot Pie. This was a quick and easy pre-packaged organic pie from the Farmer's Market company. They make some great pies and quiche - I highly recommend if you are looking for a quick fix, but without a lot of the extras (sodium, fat, chemicals).
I did some serious menu planning and grocery shopping this week. So this week's goal - Train and Fuel like the athlete that you want to be!
Let's do this!
Love Your Favourite Darwinian Fail,