But while I have been sleeping for the last few days there has been a little blog-sphere chain challenge circulating the internet. My lovely virtual run coach Michelle, who I rave about oh so often these days tagged me in her 11 Random Things post. And then one of my favourite Fitfluential buddies Meredith tagged me in her post as well. And since this concept is still very much related to being truthful I thought today would be the perfect day to take them up on the challenge and kill 2 birds with 1 stone.
Here are the rules:
1. Post these rules (check!)
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions set for you by the person who tagged you
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
5. Select 11 peeps and tag them on twitter, facebook, or on their blog
11 Random Things About Me
|My last race!|
- I was always LAST (or almost last) when we ran Cross Country in elementary school. I always liked the idea of running and I tried out every year, but I am by no means a natural runner. In fact I would go so far as to describe myself as bordering on horrible. I don’t run because it is easy. I run because it is hard and probably not something I should really be able to do, but something I hope to one day be good at. (I am working on it!)
- Before I got into running, I used to swim and dance competitively. Growing up I used to dance 2-3 nights a week and I swam on my high school swim team. Back-stroke is still my favourite, and I have never fully mastered the proper flip-turn.
- I am a Big-Time People Watcher. Maybe ever gawker or stalker. I am so bad for this! I am such a Nosey-Nelly, which I blame entirely on my small town upbringing. My husband is constantly telling me not to stare, because whatever I am thinking is written all over my face. Not great, but I think people are fascinating! I just can't help myself!
- I have had the same group of girlfriends since elementary school. They are my best friends and I love them dearly. There are 5 of us and we nicknamed ourselves "Fox Force 5" after an obsure reference by Uma Thurman's character in Pulp Fiction. "Fox, as in we're a bunch of foxy chicks. Force, as in we're a force to be reckoned with. Five, as in there's one... two ... three... four... five of us". It is a long standing inside joke, but it just fits!
Fox Force 5 - Erin, Me, Diana, Jessica, Lauren
- I am a HUGE bookworm! My books are some of my most prized possessions, and displayed proudly on the full length of my livingroom.
- While we are on the topic of books I can not fall asleep without reading. I fall asleep every night with a book in my hand. And if I wake up for any reason in the middle of the night, I have to read at least 1 page before I can fall back asleep. This habit is complicated by the fact that I now share a bed with my hubby and turning the lights on the in the middle of the night can be sort of disruptive. Which is why I have my very own SPYLIGHT!
Glimpse at my Bedside Table
- I did my first year abroad at Queen's University's International Study Center, which just happens to be located in Sussex, England at Hersmonceux Castle! It was an amazing experience! It was so surreal. I kind of can't believe I got to spend a year of my life like that. And it is also where I met my husband, although we were just friends at the time.
Yep, I spent a year of my life here! LOVE
What a PERFECT day!
- I have an obsession with office supplies. I love speciality notebooks, sticky-notes, and sparkly pens. I am always making list, charts, mind-maps, and schedules. And I never leave the house without my old school agenda - which is colour-coordinated of course!
- I have a secret dream (well not so secret now) of one day competing in the Ironman World Championship in Hawaii. I watch that race every year and think it is such an amazing physical feat! One day I hope to be able to say I am an "IRON WOMAN".
- I nicknamed my pacemaker Georgio, when I first got it in 2003. The name is courtesy of a silly night with the Fox Force. My second pacemaker was dubbed Georgio Jr. But I think since I will be getting a brand spaking new one in March, I am going to have to come up with a new name. So far Petunia is in the lead, but I am open to suggestions.
1. What was the first race signed up for? When was it? Where was it? How did you do?I signed up Run the Lake in Ajax, ON in 2010. It was a 10 km and my first ever race. I wasn't really running a ton at that time, so it didn't feel too good. But I ran it in 1:02:36 so not to shabby for not really training.
2. What is your favorite color?Pink! I am a girlie girl!
3. Do you prefer to read stories and the training of elite runners or every day runners? Why?It is definitely inspiring to see what dedication and training can do! I know my body is a bit of a dud, and I have limitations, but I like to pretend that one day if I try hard enough I can get there too.
4. Treadmill or dreadmill?I am not a treadmill girl, so definitely DREADMILL! I run outside in snow storms for heaven sakes! All to skip the monotonous run on a treadmill.
5. Gear junkie or Run Naked?Somewhere in between? I need my ipod, heart rate monitor (always), and I love cute workout gear, and my Mizuno shoes, but don't need anything else.
6. Is there an era of music that you prefer? Oldies? Classic Rock? 90s?I listen to everything, but I think its pretty clear by now I am a product of the Spice Girl generation. Love my girlie-pop music!
7. Coffee or Tea?COFFEE! I am a starbucks whore! I LOVE IT!
8. What is a childhood secret you never told your mom?Ummm my Mom reads my blog...so...nope there is nothing haha
9. Favorite Olympic Summer sport to watch?Marathon obviously! But I also love the swimming events!
10. Favorite movie of all time?Breakfast at Tiffany's. Love that Audrey Hepburn!
11. Cake or Pie?Cake______________________________________________________________________________Meredith's Questions:What made you laugh this week?
If you were a dog, what breed would you be?
Westie! I have one and he is 100% my kindred dog spirit
What book--any type--do you recommend most right now?
So in love with all things Jo Walton. But if I had to choose it would be "Tooth and Claw" its a take on Pride and Prejudice, but written with dragons!
If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Salt and Vinegar Chips, they are my weakness and I never get tired of them.
Team Gale or Team Peeta? (If you don't know now, you'll know by March.)
I have yet to take the Hunger Games plunge, so I had to google this one ha! So don't know.
What's your go-to recipe?
I make a mean Apple Pie!
What's your favorite color highlighter to use?
Well that my friends depends on what I am highlighting. It is all about the colour coordination
Are you superstitious?
Yep, a little bit
What sparked your commitment to healthy living (food &/or fitness)?
What was your favorite childhood stuffed animal / blanket named?
Clyde, he is a stuffed bulldog.
What's your favorite color to wear?
Hmmm tough, I wear a lot of pinks and purples
1. What is your theme song for this year and why?
2. What is the one thing you could never live without?
3. Who or what inspires you?
4. What is your dream vacation?
5. Brag time, tell me what you are most proud of accomplishing?
6. Sparkles, yea or neh?
7. What is the best thing you ever ate?
8. What is your guilty pleasure?
9. What is your favourite form of exercise?
10. What are you afraid of?
11. Who is your celebrity crush?
Okay and I am tagging....
Allie from True Tales of a Toronto Actor
Michelle from Rage Your Way Thin
Calvin from The Orange Mask
Kate from Pasta Free Runner
Frank from Frank 2.0
Erin from Creative Soul in Motion
Victoria from Victoria Runs
Morgan from Life After Bagels
Robyn from Robyn Baldwin.com
Hank from The Business of Losing Weight
Samantha from Health, Happiness, and Skinny Jeans